Last updated on April 1, 2022
Welcome and thank you for using our website, mobile application, social media pages, or transactional pages (collectively, the “Sites”), as well as our network of charging stations (the “FLO Network”). Our values guide everything we do, including how we use your personal information. We also understand that the protection of your personal information is important to you, which is why AddEnergie Technologies Inc. and all its subsidiaries, including Services FLO Inc., FLO X Inc. and FLO Services USA Inc. d/b/a FLO Charging Solutions USA Inc. in California (collectively, “FLO”, “we” or “our”), are committed to conducting business in a way that complies with applicable data protection laws wherever we operate. This commitment exists throughout the lifecycle of your personal information, from the design of our Sites, products and services that collect your personal information to the deletion of that information.
Find out more about how we manage your personal information by clicking on the headings below.
Who is the data controller in respect of your personal information?
What personal information do we collect?
- Your name.
- Your home address and, if you provide them, other addresses that you designate as your “Favorite” places to use the FLO Network.
- Your email address.
- Your phone number.
- Your date of birth, but only when you choose to participate in anonymous customer surveys that we run from time to time.
- Your electric vehicle model.
- Your power consumption when you use the FLO Network.
- The time, date, and location of your charging sessions on the FLO Network.
- Your device identifiers (IP address and mobile device ID) that recognize you over time and across interactions with our Sites.
- Any information you provide us voluntarily when you send us your feedback, request products or services, contact our customer support, or inquire about your personal information.
Our Sites are not intended for, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from, children under the age of 16. If you are under this age, please do not provide us personal information of any kind whatsoever. If a child under this age provides us with personal information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us to have this information deleted from our records. If you believe that we may hold information about a child under the age of 16, please notify our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we collect your personal information?
Information we collect from you
You directly provide personal information to us when you create a FLO account on our Sites, use the FLO Network, place an order for any of our products or services, contact customer service, submit a query to us via our Sites, interact with us on social media, click an advertising link that we put on someone else’s website, provide a testimonial, register for our events (including webcast events), enter our sweepstakes, contests or similar promotions, or complete our surveys. If you communicate with one of our representatives by phone, the conversation may be recorded to assess the quality of the service, to train our employees, or to protect both parties in case of disagreement. You will be notified of such recording in advance and may refuse it.
Information we collect through cookies
How do we use your personal information?
- Create and maintain your FLO account.
- Process your online purchases and deliver our products and services to you.
- Give you access to charging services on the FLO Network and networks operated by our roaming partners.
- Bill you for your charging activities on the FLO Network and networks operated by our roaming partners.
- Send you technical notices, product and service upgrades, and security alerts (because this information is important to your interaction with the FLO Network, you may only opt out of receiving these communications by deleting your FLO account).
- Verify your identity if you contact us with requests related to your privacy rights or our products and services.
- Respond to your requests, complaints, comments, and questions.
- Communicate with you about your account information, the status of your charging session, our upcoming events, sweepstakes, contests, promotions, special offers, and other news about us (we will ask you for your consent before doing so and if you are on our mailing list and wish to unsubscribe, you may do so by clicking the link provided on every email).
- Detect and prevent fraud on, and security threats to, the FLO Network.
- Compile aggregate data about how our members use the FLO Network so we can improve our services.
- From time to time, for other purposes when we have valid reasons and the legal grounds to do so.
We do not store your password when you create an account or use our Sites, and we do not collect or store your credit card number or other credit card information.
What are our marketing and advertising practices?
We also partner with third-party social media platforms, such as Facebook, to show you customized advertisements. To offer such ads, we may convert your email address, telephone number or other contact information you have provided us into a unique value which can be matched to your social media profile by our partners, such as Facebook or other social media platforms. While FLO does not provide any personal information to these platforms, these platforms may gain insights about you and help us provide you interest-based advertising. Please visit Facebook for information on Facebook’s advertising and privacy policies (https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/) and visit any other social media platform you use for information on their policies.
You can also opt-out of network advertising programs here:
- NAI opt-out page: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and
- Ad Choices opt-out page: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
Finally, you can opt-out of customized social media ads by adjusting your social media settings (for example, you can manage your settings via your Facebook profile). You can also unsubscribe from mailing lists by using the unsubscribe links included in the advertisements.
Why do we share your personal information?
Within FLO, we limit access to your personal information to authorized personnel whose responsibilities justify their need to know the information.
Partners and Suppliers
Professional Advisors and Entities Involved in Corporate Transactions with FLO
We may also share your personal information with our financial and legal advisors, as part of a sale or assignment of our business, for audit purposes or for other financial transactions, including, but not limited to, credit transactions. In the event we combine with another company in the future through a corporate merger, sale, acquisition, liquidation or other similar process, your personal information may be transferred with the business, or may be sold as an asset of the business, to the successor organization in such transaction. If material changes to our privacy practices occur as a result of such a transaction, we will notify you in advance by email or by prominent notice on our Sites and inform you of the choices you may have regarding your personal information.
When you use the FLO Network, we may aggregate and share non-personal charging session information (i.e., information that cannot be used to identify you) with third parties like utilities, academic researchers, policy actors or service providers with which we run joint programs or offers to help those parties better understand trends in electric vehicle charging and to support research and policy development related to issues such as load management programs and vehicle grid integration. For example, we may share our number of customers located in a certain geographic area; or anonymous charging session information like the number of hours in a day customers use electric vehicle chargers, charging session start and stop times, and the energy output associated with charging sessions.
How do we store and protect your personal information?
We do not keep your personal information for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected or to fulfil other legitimate purposes, such as complying with our legal obligations and resolving legal claims. Because these needs can vary for different types of personal information and depending on your use of the Sites or the FLO Network, actual retention periods can vary. When your personal information is no longer necessary, we destroy it securely. We never keep it just in case we have a need for it in the future.
We are committed to protecting your personal information. Therefore, we use data protection measures that meet stringent security and data privacy requirements and we have implemented appropriate organizational controls to protect your personal information from loss, theft, or unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also comply with breach notification laws, which means we will let you know of any breach of security, confidentiality, or unauthorized release of your personal information whenever we are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, however, sending any information, including personal information, via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information once with us, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information sent to our Sites while still in transit and so you provide it at your own risk.
What are your rights regarding your personal information?
- Access your personal information. You can request a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- Correct and update your personal information. You can direct us to correct or update your personal information if you discover that any of it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Delete your personal information. You can require us to delete your personal information. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request, we will delete your personal information from our records and direct service providers to whom we have disclosed your personal information, if any, to do the same. However, we may deny your request and retain a copy of your personal information if we have a valid reason and legal ground for doing so.
- Object to or restrict our use of your personal information. You can direct us to stop using all or some of your personal information or restrict how we use it. We will always comply with a verifiable objection to our use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. However, we may deny other objections and continue to use your personal information if we have a valid reason and legal ground for doing so.
- Port your personal information. You can ask us to provide you a machine-readable copy of your personal information so you can transfer it to a third party electronically.
- Withdraw your consent. Where you have provided us with consent to use your personal information, you can withdraw this at any time and thus prevent further use unless FLO has another valid reason and legal ground for continuing to use your personal information.
- Non-discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights, for example, by denying you access to our Sites, products or services, or by providing you a different level or quality of service.
Please be advised that since we require basic information about you to process your transactions, and to create and maintain your FLO account and your access to the FLO Network, your ability to use our Sites and the FLO Network may be impacted if you decide not to provide us personal information that is necessary for us to perform such tasks.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please email our Privacy Officer at email@example.com. You do not need a FLO account to make a request. However, only you or a person authorized to act on your behalf may submit a request related to your personal information, so we may attempt to verify your identity or authority to make the request.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable request within 30 days of receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We do not charge a fee to comply with your request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that your request warrants a fee for the administrative costs of complying with it, we will tell you why and provide you with a cost estimate before completing the request. If we cannot comply with your request, the response we provide you will also explain why.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information (for California residents only)
If you would like to exercise your opt-out right, please email our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” in the subject line of your email, or click below and complete our web form:
- The categories of personal information FLO collects.
- How FLO collects your personal information and why.
- How FLO stores and protects your personal information.
- How FLO shares your personal information with third parties and why.
- Your privacy rights (other than your CCPA opt-out right). These include your right of access, right of deletion, and right to non-discrimination, which all users of our Sites enjoy, whether they are California residents or not.
What are cookies?
- Ensuring the Sites function.
- Keeping you signed in until you sign out.
- Remembering your preferences so the Sites feel more personalized when you return.
- Understanding how you use the Sites so we can make them more intuitive.
- Delivering you relevant advertising in the form of personalized ads.
In the next sections, we explain in more detail how cookies on our Sites may be useful, and when and where you can manage them.
What types of cookies do we use?
These cookies are essential for our Sites to function properly, which means they cannot be switched off. For example, these include the cookies that make it possible for you to stay logged into your FLO account. Without these cookies, you would not be able to navigate our Sites properly or operate their basic functions.
These cookies measure how often you visit our Sites and how you use them. We use these cookies to get a better sense of how you engage with our Sites so we can make them more intuitive and improve your experience in other ways. For example, these cookies record which browser and operating system you used, which parts of our Sites you viewed most frequently, and how long you spent on our Sites. These cookies do not collect information that would allow us to identify you personally. They collect aggregated information, which is anonymous.
These cookies are used to recognize and remember your preferences or settings when you return to our Sites, so that we can provide you with a more personalized experience. For example, these include the cookies that collect information about your language settings and where you are based to ensure you receive the homepage for your country and in your language when you visit our Sites. These cookies collect anonymous information and cannot track your browsing behaviour on other websites.
These cookies collect information about your activity on our Sites, including the content you have viewed, the links you have followed, as well as information about your browser, device, and your IP address. We use these cookies to understand what you are interested in. We can then display advertising on your browser based on those interests. For example, if you have been reading up about our FLO HomeTM products, you may be shown more adverts for those products. These cookies uniquely identify your browser, device, and IP address (and therefore your general location), which, together with other information about you collected through cookies, could be used by third parties to identify you.
We also allow analytics services like Hotjar, Google Analytics, YouTube Analytics, Facebook Ads, Microsoft Advertising Universal Event Tracking, and Tik Tok Conversion Tracking to collect information on our Sites through cookies and similar technologies to help us analyze how our Sites are being used, measure the number of visitors our Sites receive, display advertising, and measure its effectiveness.
Our Sites may also include third-party advertising, links to other websites and social plugins. Social plugins are buttons that let you share your experiences on our websites with other people on social media platforms. When you share your experiences through social plugins, social media platforms install their own cookies on your device.
How can you manage cookies?
Please be advised that disabling cookies may affect user functionality on the Sites. For instance, visitors who have disabled cookies will no longer be able to enjoy all functionalities related to the management of their FLO account.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, or wish to exercise any of your rights regarding your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer by email at email@example.com or by mail at:
Attn: Privacy Officer
2800 rue Louis-Lumière
Suite 100Québec (Québec)
G1P 0A4 Canada
You can also contact our Privacy Officer if you are unhappy about how we use your personal information and would like to make a complaint.
How can you contact the appropriate authority to make a complaint?
© 2022. AddÉnergie Technologies Inc. All rights reserved.