Ready to get started? We can help!
Provide your contact information below, our experts will get back to you shortly.
What does CleanBC’s program cover?
To assist with the transition to lower carbon transportation options like electric vehicles (EVs), the province of British Columbia is working with BC Hydro and Fortis BC to offer rebates in B.C. for the purchase and installation of Level 2 EV charging stations through the CleanBC program.
Rebates are available for:
- Condos and apartments
- Public Charging
Funding allowances for CleanBC Go Electric electric vehicle (EV) charger rebate program are as follows (all projects must be pre-approved by BC Hydro or FortisBC prior to purchase and installation):
- The CleanBC Go Electric Workplace EV Charging Program offers businesses a rebate of up to $5,000 per Level 2 charger for purchase and installation costs, to a maximum of $25,000 per application.
Condos & Apartments:
- The CleanBC Go Electric Program offers stratas, building owners, or individual residents a rebate up to $5,000 per charger to purchase and install eligible Level 2 chargers in condo and apartment buildings.
- The CleanBC Go Electric Public Charger Program offers communities rebates up to $80,000 per DC fast charger, up to 50% of project costs. Additional funding is available for Level 2 chargers.
- The CleanBC Go Electric Fleets Program is intended to support public and private fleets transition to EVs with rebates of up to $5,000 per Level 2 charging station and up to $75,000 for DC fast charger.
City of Vancouver – Licence By-law 4450
- Starting in January 2025, gas stations and commercial parking lots with at least 60 spaces located in Vancouver can receive discounted business licence fees if they offer EV charging services. When the policy comes into effect, businesses that comply with it will pay just $255 per year for their licence fee while non-compliant businesses will have to pay $10,000. Learn more about the City of Vancouver new License By-Law →