Rebates and incentives for EV drivers in Canada
Find out about rebates, subsidies and promotions available in your area for buying an electric vehicle or a residential charging station.
Are you a business owner or building manager who wish to install charging stations for visitors, employees or customers?
National incentive programs
Federal program for zero-emission vehicles to help fight climate change
- iZEV Program
Electric, hydrogen, and plug-in hybrid vehicles with a battery capacity of 15kWh or more are eligible for the full $5000 incentive. While short-range plug-in hybrids with a capacity of 15kWh or less are eligible for $2500.
Electric vehicle purchase
- Through the Clean Energy Vehicle Program, the Government of British Columbia offers a rebate of up to $5,000 for the purchase of an electric vehicle and $2,500 for the purchase of a rechargeable hybrid vehicle.
- The SCRAP-IT Program offers a rebate of up to $6,000 when you scrap an old gas-fuelled vehicle scrapped and replace it with a new or used electric vehicle.
Multi-unit residential buildings charging
- Plug In BC’s Residential Building Incentive provides funding for the purchase and installation of one or multiple Level 2 charging stations in multi-unit residential buildings with 3 units or more. The program covers 75% of total project costs up to $4,000 per station.
Electric vehicle purchase
- Through the Drive Electric Program, the Québec government offers a rebate of up to $8,000 when you buy or lease a new electric vehicle. The discount is available to individuals, businesses, organizations and municipalities.
Residential charging station purchase
- The Québec government offers financial assistance of $350 for the purchase of a level 2 residential charging station and $250 for its installation and electrical supply infrastructure by a licensed electrician, for a total of $600.
- The City of Sherbrooke offers financial assistance of up to $500 for the purchase and installation of a residential charging station.
- The City of Joliette offers financial assistance for the purchase and installation of a residential charging station. The rebate covers 25% of the total costs, up to $250.
- The City of Granby offers a rebate covering 25% of the purchase and installation costs of a residential charging station for electric vehicle, up to $250 per station.
- The City of Prévost offers a rebate of $100 to its residents for the purchase and installation of a residential charging station for electric vehicle.
- CAA-Québec gives back 100 CAA Dollars on the purchase of a FLO Home charging station (model G5 or X5).
All listed information is sourced from the energy.gov electric vehicle incentives page.
Meet FLO Home
Simple, smart, sturdy and safe: meet the FLO Home electric vehicle charging station, specifically designed for single-family houses… and making your life easier.